- Alvosenet monitors and captures Internet and Web activities including web searches and browsing, Internet communications such as emails, instant messaging, etc., as well as information contained in the files accessed. Alvosenet was tested for monitoring Internet and Web activities with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Google Search, Bing Search, Yahoo Search, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook.com, Facebook Messages/Post, Twitter Post/Messages, Skype Chat, YouTube Search, MySpace Message/Chat/Post, Instagram Post, Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc.
Alvosenet can block various online activities and applications including,
• Inappropriate websites (blacklisted websites)
• Websites matching Security Keywords
• Search websites: Google Search, Bing Search, Yahoo Search
• Social network websites: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Instagram, YouTube
• Web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
• IM Instant Messenger: Skype
• File download
• Gaming websites
Alvosenet Web Edition enables remote configuration of Security Keywords and Configuration Options for users to apply the updated settings on multiple computers. Alvosenet provides easy installation and secure operations by hiding the program files to prevent being accessed by the monitored users.
Alvosenet Local Edition locks admin accessibility with registered email address so the monitored users would not be able to change security keywords and Configuration Options.
- You can provide any keywords to monitor for web searches and browsing, emails, messages, accessed files, etc. When you enter the keywords during the installation, make sure to separate each keyword with a comma. A keyword can only consist of alphabetic characters and spaces.
- The Security Report identifies web search texts, URLs of web pages browsed, emails and messages sent, chats and posts captured and matched with Security Keywords. It also indicates the Security Keywords found during the monitored period. In addition, it provides statistics for the activities captured and matched with the Security Keywords, as well as security status and recommended actions. Frequency of the Security Report depends on how often the computer is rebooted and the elapsed running time for the computer.
- If you choose to receive the Security Report via your email, the information included in it may be limited due to the size limitation; the Security Report may not be complete due to size restriction and user actions. Also, if files matching the keywords exceed the size limit, it may not be sent.
Please read it on our website or download “Comparison with Other Products” from Support > Document.
+1. What Internet and Web activities will Alvosenet monitor?
+2. What online activities and applications can Alvosenet block?
+3. What other major features are provided by Alvosenet?
+4. What keywords are used to monitor Internet and Web activities?
+5. What information is provided by the Security Report?
+6. How much information will the Security Report provide?
+7. How does Alvosenet compare with other products?
- Alvosenet Parental Control monitors Internet and Web activities including web searches and browsing, emails, messages, chats, posts, etc., parents can identify any risky behaviors and dangerous activities involving drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, weapons, fighting, sex, etc. Also, parents can monitor specific behaviors or activities by providing personalizing Security Keywords.
- In addition to the Security Keywords you provide during, Alvosenet also provides a set of default Security Keywords including dangerous teen trends. For examples, cigarettes, marijuana, beer, liquor, as well as current teens dangerous trends like purple drink, sexting, car surfing, etc.
- Alvosenet Parental Control is not intended to replace the caring and consultation of parents to help their children. By using the information provided by the Security Report, parents can use their time and effort more effectively to help their children with the identified issues.
+1. What risky behaviors or dangerous activities are monitored?
+2. What keywords are used to monitor Internet and Web activities?
+3. How do I use the information provided by in the Security Report?
- Any keywords set as Security Keywords will be monitored for Internet and Web activities. There is no default keywords provided for Alvosenet Information Protection.
- All Internet and Web activities will be monitored and reported, but there will be no matching for keywords.
+1. What keywords are used to monitor Internet and Web activities?
+2. What will be captured if no keywords are provided by the user?
- You will need to provide a valid email address to set up an account. The password can be up to eight characters long and consists of characters including "a-z", "A-Z", and "0-9".
- You can sign up for an account or sign in to your account any time. To make a purchase, sign up for free trial or download, you will first be asked to sign up or login.
- When you login to alvosenet.com, please go to Manage > Account. You can modify your account information on this page.
+1. What should I know in order to create an account?
+2. When can I sign up for an account or login to the account?
+3. Can I make changes to my account information?
There are two types of product license you can select from:
(1) Web Edition: User Configuration Options and Security Reports are managed on alvosenet.com. The subscription should be renewed on a yearly basis.
(2) Non-Web Edition: User Configuration Options and Security Reports are managed on the local computer.
(3) Group License: Family Pack for 3 PC's or Business Pack for 3 PC's or 10 PC's. User Configuration Options and Security Reports are managed on alvosenet.com. The subscription should be renewed on a yearly basis. The same user Configuration Options and Security Reports will be used for all PC's under the same Order Number.
- You can click on any purchase or free trial button on the website to start the purchase. You will first be asked for signup or login if you have not done so. A "Pay Now" button will be shown, then you will be redirected to PayPal to make the payment; you can either use your PayPal account or credit card to make the payment. After making the payment, you will be redirected back to alvosenet.com. A "Download" button will appear which allows you to download the license key first. And then a second “Download” button will appear which will allow you to download the product package.
- You can click on any purchase or free trial button on the website to start the purchase. You will first be asked for signup or login if you have not done so. A "Pay Now" button will be shown, then you will be redirected to PayPal to make the payment; you can either use your PayPal account or credit card to make the payment. After making the payment, you will be redirected back to alvosenet.com. A popup window will show up asking for the Security Keywords you want to monitor, then another popup window will show up asking if you want to make any changes to the Configuration Options. After these popup windows, a "Download" button will show up asking you to download the product package.
- If you’re using your PayPal account, you will be automatically redirected back to our website after the transaction. If you’re using your credit card, then you will need to click "Return to Alvosenet" to be redirected back to our website.
- We will send you an email with the receipt for your payment. Please also check for the notice of the transaction on PayPal.
- Yes. Please contact us by email at email@example.com to discuss site licenses or volume discounts.
+1. What type of product licenses do you offer?
+2. How do I purchase a Non-Web product?
+3. How do I purchase a Web Edition product?
+4. How will I be redirected back to alvosenet.com after the transaction?
+5. What should I expect after I make a payment?
+6. Do you offer site licenses or volume discounts?
(1) For Non-Web Edition: First the license key will be shown for you to download. Then the product package will be shown to you.
(2) For Web Edition: The product package will be shown for you to download.
- Depending on which computer you want to install the product, you can decide where to download the files. If you wish to install the product on another computer, you may download the files and then copy or transfer the files to the other computer or you can login to alvosenet.com on the other computer and download the files directly.
You can let the download operation save the files to the default file folder or select the file folder you prefer. Please save both files in the same folder. After you have download the files, copy or transfer both files to the other computer if you wish to install the product on another computer.
Note: For Web Edition, only the product package file will be downloaded. There is no license file to download.
- You need to go to the folder that has your downloaded file(s) for the product package. First click the product package file (with .exe extension) to start the installation. Then follow the installation instructions as shown.
- During the installation, if you see a message indicating "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" Please click "OK" to continue the installation. When prompted to enter your email address, please the email address associated with your alvosenet.com account. When you are prompted to enter Security Keywords, please enter keywords which you would like to monitor.
You can always login to our website and go to the Manage > Order page. Click on the "Download" button to download the product file(s).
Note: For Web Edition, only one file will be downloaded. There is no license key to download.
+1. What can be downloaded from alvosenet.com after my payment?
+2. Which computer should I use to save the downloaded file for installation?
+3. Where do I save the downloaded license key and product package?
+4. What do I do after the download is complete?
+5. What interactions should I expect during the installation?
+6. What happens if I do not go back to your website to download license and product files after making the payment?
- Your license key will be used during the product installation on one PC. When the product is installed or in use, the license key will be verified.
- Yes. On the purchase pages, click "Free Trial". Sign up for a free account and no credit card information needed for the free trial!
- Using the computer you are monitoring, login to our website and purchase the product you used for the free trial. Follow the instructions to download and install the paid license. After the installation is completed, the computer needs to be restarted for the paid license to take effect.
- Yes. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss site licenses or volume discounts.
+1. How is the license key used?
+2. Do you offer a free trial for the product?
+3. What should I do if I want to continue using the product after my free trial?
+4. Do you offer site licenses or volume discounts?
- You can select Configuration Options for specific Internet and Web activities to monitor and/or block, you can also block social network access, Internet and Web applications, file transfers, and record social network login information. You can personalize the Security Keywords to monitor, select the days and time period to monitor, etc.
The Configuration Options can be selected during the installation.
For Non-Web Edition: Launch the admin panel to update the Configuration Options at any time.
For Web Edition: Login to alvosenet.com and go to Manage > Options to change the Configuration Options. Then launch Admin.exe to update the changes.
- If you don't select Configuration Options, the default values for the Configuration Options will be applied.
For Non-Web Edition, the Security Report will be sent to your registered email.
For Web Edition, the Security Report will be saved on your alvosenet.com account. Please go to Manage > Report to retrieve your reports.
+1. What Configuration Options can I select for the operation?
+2. When can I select Configuration Options?
+3. What happens if I don't select Configuration Options?
+4. Where can I find the Security Reports?
- If you have any questions regarding to the products, you can check out Support > FAQ or Support > Document for relevant information; or contact us by email at email@example.com or contact form. You can also use Live Chat to contact us.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Contact form: http://www.alvosenet.com/contact
By Live Chat
By phone: (408) 214-6600
+1. What kind of support will I get for the product?
+2. How do I contact your Customer Support?